Friday, March 02, 2007

tattoos...


so one night i got the bright idea that i wanted a back piece ... a tattoo that covers my entire back. it will be huge. and bright. and really freakin' painful.
i contacted my tattoo artist and for a little bit more than my what my first car will cost, i can have almost my entire back covered in roses and leaves and vines in the most lovely design that i have ever seen, and it will even match the rose on my shoulder.

so the problem is that i can't reach all of my back to get ointment on the wounds... or wash them... or really care for them at all on my own. thank god for friends.
imagine the awkward conversation of "hey friend, if i throw on a pair of trunks and put a towel over my chest, will you help me scrub my back?" cause that's not wierd.

but non the less, next tuesday the games shall begin, and i will either be so loaded up on pain killers that i can't see, or the biggest bitch in the world that can't sit back in a chair or sleep on her back.
god i love tattoos.

and when i figure out how to work a camera, there will be pictures of the finished piece on this site, so anticipate greatness!

i'm so terrified i'm hyper.

11 comments:

~d said...

I absolutely LOVE the piece you have picked out. What colors are you going with? I saw a man at a tat convention getting a back piece, they sat there for (whoa!) a hella long time. The cool thing was: the dude getting the tat was straddling a chair-backwards, you know? And smoking cigarette after cigarette, and he was so concentrating on the sensation...WOW, Hannah, can you guess I love tats myself! I am (wow!) looking forward to hearing about it. AND! when you get that friend to put lotion on your back, have them take a pic, too!

Steph said...

That is gonna be six shades of pain right there.
Can't wait to see the pics!

hannah said...

d - ideally the flowers will be purple (to match my shoulder), and the rest green and black. beyond that i leave it up to the artist.
it will take about a month and at least 8 sessions of 3 to 4 hours, half for outline and half for shading and color

steph - yeah, it's gonna hurt like hell, but it will be so pretty

~d said...

Breaking it down into 8 sessions won't be bad (says me) but it doesnt sound as bad, you know! I am excited FOR you!

hannah said...

d - do you have any tattoos? i'm more worried about how long it's going to take before i am healed enough to work or play my sport.
oh well, pain is beauty and this will definitely be worth it.

~d said...

Yes ma'am. My longest sitting however was 4 hours. That was outline and color. Most of mine are 45-90 minutes jobbies. I have an anklet that was actually 5 different sittings, but looks like one piece. and 5 other 'separate' ones. I will look for a pic for you. My most recent one is...shit. Give me a day or two and I will get pics up over at my place! (smile!)

wallycrawler said...

I love tats , but a full back...u sure ? If you are congratz . Well I guess you are or you wouldn't post it . Shit why do I feel like your dad . "Honey I'm sure that's what you want , but what will it look like when your 45-50" ?

Fuck I hate sound'n old !

hannah said...

d - holy crap, that's a lot of ink. my longest has been about an hour and a half, but it never feels like a long time. it feels like pain, and then you're done, and then hours have passed and you don't know what happened.
can't wait to see your pics, the ankle piece sounds really sweet.

wally - oh, honey, you're so cute. don't worry, all of my (soon to be four) pieces coordinate and center around something that i truly believe i will love forever: roses. and since that's not exactly satanic, i'm not too worried about if i'll still love my work when i'm 40.
that tattoos themselves shouldn't look any different over time if one takes care of them, except that some migrate a bit. the one on my hip started over the bone, and two years later it is about and inch lower.
but thanks for worrying about me.

~d said...

Hahaha, the ankle piece is OK, i guess. Not my favorite. It is the oldest however! Is tomorrow the BIG NIGHT!?!?
OMIGOD!
OK, let me work on a photo of the ankle, I have my belly and another pic for you.
xxoo

~d said...

(haha, abt the tat on your hip bone!)
hee hee!

wallycrawler said...

K then I'm OK then . Thanx .

Hope your not in to much pain !