Wednesday, March 21, 2007

you gotta love progress

after many days of healing at home and forgeting how much this shit hurts, i came back to school and back to the shop to keep on working. i have come to both fear and love the sound of a tattoo gun, and the man who i am paying to do this to me.
but after two days and a total of six and a half hours, the shading is finished.
i don't have pictures yet, but i will soon and then you can see how lovely it really is.
six days and then we start the color, and then it's bloody done.

i look like a burn victim with all the gauze on my back right now.

7 comments:

Steph said...

You are a brave, brave, chick!

~d said...

I'm so excited.
And I just can't hide it!
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!
(heh heh!)
WOOOO!
You effin GO girl!
BTW, totally insignificant compared to the work you are getting done, did you see my tat pics I left for you?

xxoo

zydeco fish said...

I was in pain just reading that.

hannah said...

steph - it's really not that bad now, the shading was nothing compared to the outline, but thanks for the compliment.

d - aww, thank you. i don't know how to get to said pics, but if you can tell me, i would love to take a look at them.

fish - it's really not that bad at all, and it truly is worth it for me.

wallycrawler said...

I'm sure it turned out great . I hope to see the finished tat soon .

Hows school Hannah ?

Toby said...

I feel your pain, sweetie. final final.

hannah said...

wally - thank you. we start color on tuesday, and it shouldn't take more than a week to do that.
school is wonderful. i'm doing pretty well in all of my classes, so far mostly A's expected. the tat is taking up most of my time after classes, but i'm careful to get the work i need to done.

toby - the nicest thing about the human mind is that we can't remember sensations. i can tell you that it hurt like hell getting done, but i can't re-live it. so it really doesn't seem so bad now.