Friday, March 30, 2007

smoking

after having smoked for almost four years of my young life, i have realized that the time has come to quit.
well, the time has almost come. i still need to smoke during the tattooing process or else i panic and the artist can't work because i'm moving too much. we found this out the hard way (i picked a really bad time to quit)
but tattoos aside, come the end of today (we finish the last of the color tonight, but i won't have pictures until later, so you don't get to see it until it's DONE) i will stop smoking. this sucks. my fiance isn't ready to quit just yet, so he will get to smoke while i want to scream at him because i can't, but i think it'll be okay. at least we won't kill each other like we might if we quit at the same time.
wish me luck, for some odd reason i think i might need it.

8 comments:

zydeco fish said...

I have never smoked, but I understand it really really hard to quit. Good luck with that (and the rest of the tattoos).

tshsmom said...

You're right. If you quit together, you WILL kill each other. Hubby and I have tried this and it's NOT a pretty sight. :(

Toby said...

I think he/she who quits first is the lone surrvivor. LOL

I'm doing that myself right now. I'm on some drug, Buproban, it works but not 100% like it's mother Zyban. On Monday I'll be on Chantix, my docter says it yeilds better results. The main thing is you have to want to quit.

Good luck too you, it's a nasty habit, I've been doing it off an on for 20 years.

Looking forward to the final final.

Toby said...

Not lone, last!!! LOL

wallycrawler said...

Good luck Hannah ! I quit about ten years ago this April . Best thing I've ever done for myself .
I will say the 1st. ten or so days are hard , but they're not as hard as you might think .

May I suggest get'n good and hammered ? Get so drunk ya can't move . Start with Tequila , get into Martinis and end with cream shooters . The next day you'll be so sick you'll never smoke and the next day follow'n it wont be any better . By the time You start feel'n better (day 3 or 4) you'll say to yourself "Hey I didn't need a smoke for 2 days . Might as well quit" .

That's the way I quit anyhow !

hannah said...

fish - thank you. i understand that too. we'll just have to see, i guess.

mom - we wanted to do it that way, but it was probably a really bad idea.

toby - what are all those drugs for? i do want to quit, so i think i'll be okay

wally - oh my. i don't really drink right now, but otherwise that might work. thanks for the tip, though

~d said...

(heh heh heh...mis-quoting toby)

I've been doing it off an on for 20 years.
**Now, toby, I know you are exaggerating JUST by a FEW years...
(Whirled...)

*Hannah, my apologies if you find that disrespectful.

~d

Steph said...

My ex boyfriend went to a hypnotist to quit and it worked. He hasn't smoked in over a year now.

Good luck with it.