Sunday, April 08, 2007

i have dated men and women, young and old, smart and stupid, beautiful and not-so-pretty. and now i'm dating a 21 year old guy who is damn smart in all the ways to balance me, with a very nice face and the most amazing brown eyes.
but more than the eyes or the incredible prowess in bed, are the things that he says, out of the freakin' blue.
sitting in the car, driving me back to my room so that he can drive the two hours home to get to work in the morning, we were talking about shoes. i am 5'10'' normally, 5'11'' on a good day. he is about the same height, having maybe half an inch on me tops. this can be problematic because i own many pairs of heels. this is not to say that i wear them often - given the option i am barefoot and happy - but i do own them for the occaisonal time when i need to impress.
so i asked the question that we all know the answer to - "do you think i look better in heels or flatfoot?". the question came up because neither of us likes me being much taller than him, but we've all been told from day one that in heels we get "ass out tits up" and it looks damn good.
he said he prefered my posture flatfoot. - well obviously, if i'm taller than him.
not standing next to me, but looking from a distance, still prefers flatfoot. - what?
he said it was more like me, and more comfortable. but beyond that, he told me that i am more attractive to him as i am, not as heels could make me.
i love him so much. never before have i been told that i am better as i am, not as i could be made. most agree i'm pretty well put together and i clean up nice, but never that i was better the way i came.
i don't know what to do with myself!
is this a normal sentiment in other people's lives?
girls - have you ever been told this?
guys - have you ever said it? was it true?

2 comments:

Chicky Pea said...

I think when someone truly loves you that is the way they see it. They love the real you not the you that you can put on to show the rest of the world. I would accept it as a true compliment.

Trigger said...

I said it... and meant it... but you knew that already...