Thursday, December 07, 2006

what's this?

college is an odd experience. i am finding out who i am and who my friends are, and what i can do. staying away from the party life, i prefer to drink with people i trust, and i'd rather avoid date rape. my hand is still in a splint, but i find that being unable to perform simple tasks is a great character-building experience. i can't open bottles very well and i have a hard time carrying things or puttingon a seatbelt. having never been gimped before in my life for more than a few days, 6 weekd in a splint has been interesting. i can type okay, so class work has been possible, and i have found a family down here to take care of me when i let them. trigger is a great guy, i love it when he comes down here and i love how much he loves me. i told him that when i got the splint off, i would wear the ring he got me as a present a while ago instead of the fake diamond i baught for myself, and his only response was that i would probably have another ring entirely to wear. my mother loves him. i don't think my mother has loved anyone except maybe my friend/sister and her beautiful daughter, but my mom hugged him goodbye when they left to go home on monday. i love him, and i look forward to a life down here with my new fiance and my new family. i wish i could say that there were many people i will miss, but it's pretty much just sis and niece. and i know that i will see them at the very least at the wedding.

i may have found happiness, and certainly calm and contentment in a new life with fewer walls.

here's to all of the people who have grown beyond their pasts and made a life for themselves.

2 comments:

wallycrawler said...

That was a nice story , but you didn't bring up the most obvious question .

Can You Still Masturbate With A Splint On Your Hand ?

hannah said...

well yes, in fact i can. i'm a righty and my left hand is splinted.
do you feel like a creepy older uncle now?
(said with affection)