Wednesday, April 05, 2006

poetry

your little affection doll,
the bruised-broken puppet
with the painted on smile of the most
luscious red you've ever seen.
pull my strings
and i'll dance for you,
this way and that
along with your whims,
so that you can watch my heart spill out
through my bleeding chest
and on to your just-cleaned floor.
i'm your yielding body
with no spine
and such wonderfully malleable flesh.
i can take as much as you can give,
soak up all the love and punishment
and hold in everything that you will pour out,
until you're just and broken
and empty as me,
with the black-hole eyes
and naked bindings
of a used and discarded marionette.

goddess of all things temporal,
i can make you forget
your love, your past
as your pour your bleeding heart out
to slake my thirst.
i will watch as you
empty yourself of everything worthwhile
to give me all you have,
taken as my dues for making you
a ten minute god.

lots of new stuff, people met and people lost. still floating along in work and at ihop.
when i say good night to the manager, it's sad because she says "see you tomorrow", and she's right; i'm always there.

i have seen the sunrise and it was pretty
i have seen the sun set and it was beautiful
i have watched the moonrise and it is captivating
i have watched the moon set and it saddens me.

3 comments:

wallycrawler said...

You should title this one : "Sad Doll Who Doesn't Eat At The Best Restaurants" .

Be happy the moon shall rise tomorrow ! Ya know that should be the sun shall rise tomorrow but I think your a night owl ?

wallycrawler said...

I like the "Waffle House" !

hannah said...

i love watching the moon rise, just a reminder of my instincts and my maker. definitely a night owl, out 'till four and up for work the next day.